Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Melrose

picture source
Someone gave you all my love..all the love I was giving to you
You were scared of what was real..so you just accepted the love that you knew wasn't true
Most of those guys didn't even take the time to get to know you
But I guess half of the blame falls on the fact that..you don't really know yourself..do you?

Now your in a place where I can't even help
I don't even know what was real..or what you really felt
But when you treat someone so cold,eventually it will be your turn to melt

So I'm floating..I'm floating away
They say the safest place is your heart..so that's where I plan to stay

I don't ever want to see you hurt again..but it's hard to know what's real
In a life where all everyone does is pretend

You and me are part of a plan…
One which I don't think anyone around us..really understands

Now I just feel numb,all these girls want something different from me
Trapped in a cycle of lust and fun

All these things in front of me
They slowly pick me apart from the person I want to be
I'm tuning into one of those guys
I never wanted to feel comfortable with telling lies
But no one wants to hear the truth either
Truthfully I wish I didn't meet her
This girl called life
Most of my friends back home..are having their first kid or getting engaged or already have a wife
I'm suffocating,I just want to breathe
Don't need someone to give me the things I want,but who gives me the things I need
I think secretly we just all want to be freed
To escape all the social pressure and greed
They want you to be this way and that way
To dress and talk and wear your hat this way
I don't have to be the best,I just have to be better
I hate how I expose all my flaws with the type of every single letter
Everything is just happening so fast,none of these friendships/relationships no longer last
Why are we all so in a rush,the faster we go..the faster we crash

Can I still save you from you..
Can you still save me from me..
It feels like I've been locked away for so long
I'm just glad you got the key
You had it all along,you just didn't know
We all have a special part to play,even if it doesn't show
Take care of yourself & always smile
I haven't encountered someone as unique as you in a while..
picture source
Music Source


No comments:

Post a Comment